Flaxseed and Flaxseed Oil for Healthy Living: 11 Health Benefits of FlaxseedsHealth Products
Flaxseed has the natural properties of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and lignans that are essential for optimum health. Flax seed has a long list of health and wellness benefits for a healthy living. Following are some of the many health benefits of flax seeds.
1. Flaxseed can lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) levels and, as a result, may help reduce the risk of heart disease. Simply add 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed to your breakfast cereal daily and lower your bad cholesterol levels naturally.
2. One of the health benefits of flaxseed is gentle constipation relief. The lignan and fiber components of flaxseed act as a highly effective laxative. Two tablespoons of flaxseed a day is highly effective to relieve constipation.
3. Flaxseed helps to lose weight. The health benefits of flaxseed oil have to do with its high levels of omega-3 and lignans, which make it a great food for weight loss.
4. The health benefits of flaxseed lignans are numerous particularly in the area of hormonal health. This in turn helps boost fertility, lowers the risk of blood cancer, and helps to maintain a strong immune system.
5. Consumption of flaxseed could be a natural way to protect bone health. Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) found in flaxseeds helps to prevent excessive bone turnover.
6. Flaxseed is beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes. Alpha-linolenic acid in flaxseed has been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes. A diabetic should take at least 4 tablespoons of the flaxseed oil every day as part of the treatment.
7. Flaxseed helps to prevent colon cancer. Omega-3 fats in flaxseed help protects colon cells from cancer-causing toxins and free radicals, leading to a reduced risk for colon cancer.
8. Flaxseed also helps to prevent breast cancer. By including flaxseeds in the daily diet, it is possible to reduce the chances of getting breast cancer.
9. One of the most positive, cost effective, and beneficial natural approaches to asthma is the supplementation of flaxseed oil. Flaxseed is a good source of magnesium, which helps to relax airways which can help reduce severity of asthma.
10. Omega-3 fatty acids, the essential fatty acids obtained from flaxseed oil, will help cure arthritis. Add this flaxseed oil to your food or directly consume 1 teaspoon of the oil 3 times daily for treating arthritis.
11. Flax seed oil is also said to help prevent dandruff. To help stop dandruff try supplementing your diet with flax seed oil.
Flaxseed has remarkable health benefits. In order to get the full benefits of flaxseed, make flaxseeds and flaxseed oil a part of your daily diet and stay healthy.