Aromatherapy and Meditation Help Reduce Stress
The following meditation technique integrates the use of aromatherapy essential oils and helps one forget the routine and stressful events of everyday life. It helps find happiness and joy.
This meditation technique is a salutation to life and impels one to be happy. It teaches not to dwell on past occurrences and helps handle the stress of an inconsistent and hectic lifestyle.
Meditation to reduce stress: Preparing with Aroma Oils
- Decide on one of these essential oils: Bergamot, Juniper, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Melissa or Frankincense. Float the selected essential oil on the water of an aroma oil burner and light its candle.
- Sit cross-legged on the floor or on a straight-backed chair.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils for Meditation in Relieving Stress
Essential oils are living, vibrant, and full of life. They stabilize and bring to equilibrium the body-mind-soul. They soothe frayed nerves and boost the mood.
Bergamot, Juniper, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Melissa and Frankincense are comforting, refreshing and revitalizing. They help find laughter, joy and cheer in life. The subtle and elusive qualities of these oils helps bond with the inner child and banishes pessimism, anxiety and emotional turmoil.
Emotionally, essential oils instill elation, and re-establish optimism and confidence. They clear out the mind and soul, and bring in clarity whenever the mind is exhausted and confused.
The Meditation Technique to Fight Stress
- Sit down comfortably, and try to free the mind. Try not to dwell on unnecessary and troubling thoughts. Breathe gently and try to calm down.
- Gaze at the candle and watch its sparkling light. Take in the vaporizing aroma oils.
- Observe the blue inner flame and the gold outer flame.
- Watch how the flame glimmers and appears alive.
- Picture the light from the candle going in to the heart, suffusing great happiness and optimism. Let the body feel alive and vibrant.
- Celebrate life and dispel all unconstructive, depressing and distressing emotions.
- Visualize the light and happiness spreading to the whole room. Then, see it flooding out in to the environment, and then, in to the whole world.
- Feel revitalized.
- Now, focus on the breath for a few moments, and slowly conclude the session.
Stress and anxiety are huge problems that confront one, and utilizing essential oils to allay apprehension, concern, anger and disappointment, is a wonderful feature of aromatherapy. Furthermore, integrating meditation with aromatherapy, encourages peace and harmony, and brings concord to the body, mind and soul.